• Meetings Wednesdays after school in room 951!

AIN’T NO STOPPING US NOW!

The Husky Football team is off to another great start as head coach Matt Logan wins his 200th career win and dynamic offensive duo, J.J. Taylor and Javon McKinley, lead the team once again this season.

highschoolfootballamerica.com by JEFF FISHER

Corona Centennial Huskies Football Hype Mix (2015) - #D1Bound Midseason CollegeLevelAthletes.com

Tiana A. Williams, Sports Editor

Despite the season ending last year on a disappointing note with a loss to high school football powerhouse De la Salle, the Huskies are bouncing back this year stronger than ever. Already on a 4-0 run, the Huskies have shown no sign of slowing down.

Beginning this season playing top-tier teams such as Gardena Serra and Orange Lutheran, the closest the Huskies have come  to losing their undefeated record so far was in a tight win against the Orange Lutheran Lancers. As both teams were tied up at 7 a piece by the half, it seemed that the first challenge for the Huskies was already here. But the Huskies powered through defeating the Lancers 35-14.

As a continuation of last years offensive dynasty, leading the pack is JJ Taylor and Javon McKinley. Also having to kick it up a notch this year is quarterback, Anthony Catalano, since the Huskies lost other star quarterback Nathan Ketteringham, who, last year, was a senior. Leading the defensive end is defensive back and Cal Berkeley comitt Camryn Bynum and highly-recruited safety Chacho Ulloa. Sammonte Bonner is also an upcoming senior to be on the lookout for.  Last year, he stepped up his game as he led the way as the starting running-back against St. John Bosco in the playoffs, standing in for J.J. Taylor who was out with a ruptured appendix. McKinley, Taylor, Catalano, Bynum, and Ulloa are all seniors as well this year meaning our juniors are in need of a breakout.

The overall projections for this football season so far are very bright and head coach Matt Logan has a lot of expectations to live up to. Logan, who has been head coach at Centennial for 18 years now has won numerous Pac-5 division championships and just recently received his 200th career win this past week against Orange Lutheran. Logan certainly has a lot to live up to with this years squad and he has just the right players to do so with.